Friday, December 15, 2017

Tears and a Little Elf Snack

I am not a crier, but I am THAT mom.  The mom who is SO proud of her children that her heart becomes SO full that the only way to keep it from bursting is to let pressure come out in the form of a tear or two.  I know I was not the only mom who cried a little at Tuesday night's Lion & Lamb performance.

On Sunday I got to watch Ethan play the chimes while Carter sang with the children's choir at church.  Tuesday I watched my big, 3 year old son, who is starting to look more and more like his daddy, walk confidently onto the stage at Grace Church.  He cleared his throat and said, "Every good and perfect gift comes from God.  It comes down from the Father.  John 1:17"  His little voice just melted me and a little tear slipped out!  It just makes me wonder where did the last three, almost four years go?!  I feel so lucky to have three beautiful and healthy children.  


Now, let me quickly move from my mom moment to our super fun Christmas activity we did last night.  Olaf has faithfully brought treats and activities for the boys each day, and knowing that they were going to need a fun and festive snack for their lunches today, Olaf was awfully sweet to bring all the fixings for Elf Munch.



We mixed up a bowl full of popcorn, caramel corn, Chex, pretzels, mini marshmallows and red & green M&Ms.  It was happy snacking all around!

xoxo - j

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!