Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Ho-Ho-Holiday Drinks

Every year we make a yummy and festive drink, thanks to a tried and true family recipe.

Carter and Trevor don't really care for egg nog so Carter and I came up with an alternative idea to satisfy the pickiest of palettes.

Egg Nog:

In a large sauce pan, whisk together 6 eggs, 3/4 cup sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt.  Gradually add 2 cups milk (I use whole milk).  Cook over low hear, stirring constantly for about 25 minutes, until the mixture sticks to the back of a wooden spoon.

Remove from heat, stir in 1 tablespoon vanilla, 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg and 2 more cups milk.  Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.

Beat 1 cup heavy cream on high until stiff, gently fold into the cooled mixture.  I always top mine with a sprinkle of nutmeg.  I suppose you could always add a dash of brandy, rum or bourbon too!

Fluffy Hot Coco:

For those who do not love egg nog, we made fluffy hot coco.  It was delish and still had a festive feel!

All you do is combine 8 teaspoons sugar; 4 teaspoons baking coco; 4 cups milk (I used whole milk) and 1 cup of marshmallows.  Stir over medium heat until all the marshmallows are melted, remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla.  we drank ours in Christmas mugs!


Cheers!!

xoxo - j

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!