Saturday, December 2, 2017

A Santaland Lesson

The two big boys recently celebrated birthdays...NINE and SIX years young!  I've been mulling over how to encourage the joy of giving during the holiday season and finally had that elusive light bulb go off in my head.  The kids' school has an event every year perfect for opening this discussion in the Bradshaw Nook.  $5 and a few shopping instructions later we set off bright and early for Santaland.  We talked about the importance of giving to others and how seeing the excitement and happiness in that person when they open a gift carefully chosen just for them fills the heart.  After asking if they could bring their own money to buy stuff for themselves we ended up with this...


Located at our amazing elementary school this fun kids only shopping experience lent itself to the beginning of a lifelong lesson in giving is better than receiving.


I love it when things *finally* fall in to place!

And just in case you were wondering, the pipsqueak who brought his own money to buy himself something ended up buying one of his brothers one extra little thing to go with what he had already picked out for him, as well as picking out two chew toys for our energetic dog.  Proud mom moment seeing and hearing that he not only heard our words but understood the lesson we were trying to teach.

xoxo - j

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!