Friday, December 5, 2014

Hometown Christmas {Tree Lighting}

I'd venture to say that the number one thing on everyone's list during this time of year is shopping. That is still something I have yet to finish, I think the good ole phrase "shop til you drop" will be my mantra over the next week or so as I make a huge push to complete it all. I have to hand it to my husband (who doesn't really include me in shopping for the kids) he is almost done.

My original plan for today was to find a children's story about this being the season of giving and then take them to Target, arm them with their very own money, and let them pick out gifts for each other. Carter had other plans...


Sorry that I can't get the note to flip around to the correct format...but you get the point. I have to continuously remind myself that he is 3 and I can't make him not do typical 3 year old things!!! So we had to forgo the shopping trip tonight, but we still headed down to Victorian Square for a little hometown Christmas fun.


We met our friends, M & M down there and the kids were so delighted to see their pals. They ran around like crazies waiting for the mayor to push the magic tree lighting button and drank super hot coco.


Then it was finally time for that magical moment, they hit the lights and the tree twinkled!!


Thank you Thomas Family for sharing such fun memories with us!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!