Sunday, December 15, 2013

Ho-Ho-Holiday Must Have

I just spent the last hour and a half making a yummy holiday must-have!

The recipe for EGG NOG is a family recipe that my mom has been making for as long as I can remember. It's not the holidays in our family without sitting in the kitchen stirring the egg nog for what feel like hours!! I had intended for the kids to help me stir because your arm dies after about 20 minutes, but unfortunately they have ended up in bed everynight I have attempted to make it, so I was on my own.

Armed with the portable DVD player, Mom's copy of White Christmas, my phone, my kindle and a wooden spoon (I know what you're thinking...seriously you needed all of that stuff the movie wasn't enough?!) I stirred until my little arm couldn't stir anymore. An hour and a half later, 3/4 through White Christmas and 2 chapters read the egg nog is currently cooling on the stove waiting for the whipping cream!!

Hopefully my first year attempting this tradition alone the egg nog will be as yummy as the last 27 years!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!