Sunday, December 15, 2013

Birthday Parties and Elf Munch

I am that mom. The mom that is so proud of her children that she her heart becomes so full that they only way to keep it from bursting is to let the pressure out through tears. Yep, anyone who knows me knows lately EVERYTHING makes me cry!

We went to a birthday party yesterday at a bounce house place. Yes the kids were running around like maniacs and yelling and screaming, but they patiently waited their turn to go down the slides, the zipline, even get a piece of cake. Watching how polite they were to the other children and how even thoguh they wanted to jump out of their skin having to wait for these fun things, they were patient and kind...seeing that makes my heart melt!! I love those children so much and I am so blessed that even though I'm not sure they are always listening to me, they seem to take in some of what Trevor and I have been teaching them.

So now let me dry my eyes and move on to what our fun Christmas project yesterday! The kids are not having traditional holdiay parties in their classes at school, but I still wanted to make treats for their class so we set out to make Elf Munch. What is Elf Munch you ask??? It is chocolate Chex cereal, rice Chex cereal, pretzels and M&M's...nothing too fancy. However, those two little Bradshaw Pipsqueaks LOVED it, in fact Carter loved it so much that it ended up all over my kitchen table and the floor!! Even Trevor seemed to really like it because he finished off what was left after we filled the snack bags. I hope the kids' classmates enjoy the Elf Munch as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!