Monday, August 4, 2014

Mommy Ramblings: I Want to Reconnect With You!

This post is exactly as the title states...a rambling! My mind has been going 500 mph this past month. I've got loads of errands to run with school about to start! I'm trying to not let the stress of my "to do" list overwhelm me, and start that "I quit before I even start" attitude. I know I can do it and I know I don't have to be Super Woman. I just need to prioritize...list the things I MUST do and include my work out because that is good for my mental state, lol! I need to remember not to compromise on that because keeping myself healthy is as important as taking care of the things and people around me. Lacing up those tennis shoes and going...just as soon as I get those kiddos in bed later tonight.

Switching gears, I wanted to touch on the happenings and goings on of the past few weekends...some of which have been seriously awesome. McQueen High School Class of 2004 celebrated their 10 year reunion two weekends ago. It was fun to how much people have changed (or not) in the past decade. It was so much fun to reconnect with old friends and hear about their lives since graduation...some are married, some have kids others do not. Some have gone to grad school, others have moved all around the country.

Meeting up with the girls I cheered with and were closest to during that transitional part of life was a hoot. We crashed Natalie's sons' 2nd birthday party the day after the reunion and I'm so glad I did! I missed those girls so much and how much fun we all had together. I told Natalie that I hope she was ready to hang out as much as possible because now that we have reconnected it was forever, lol! This past weekend Natalie and her husband joined us for Trevor's 32nd birthday! I'm so glad we have reconnected and I hope we are able to establish a relationship as adults and families!!

Anyone else that I didn't get a chance to really chat with please let's chat, talk about life, motherhood, being a wife...you name it I'd love to reconnect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!