Friday, August 15, 2014

Mommy Ramblings: City Living

So like usual I have fallen off my wagon of posting regular blogs! And while there are stories of the pipsqueaks that could fill many a blog entry and will continue to do so. Those little boys fill my days with such an array of emotions and activities that I need a place to capture the memories (and vent)as to all the goings on in our crazy little world...hence why the "Mommy Ramblings" started!

I don't exactly consider Reno a huge city or really much of what the rest of the world would consider a city at all; but it is bigger than a little cow town. I definitely have a love/hate relationship with urban life. Now compared to real cities, Reno is nothing. It's fairly small and manageable surrounded by the mountains on all sides, which is what has kept me here all these years. We live in a cute little neighborhood and my kids are zoned for good schools. During the summer there are lots of things to do...we can go float the Truckee River (when it's more than just a little stream); July is Artown and movies in the park; and, something new we have discovered this summer is Foodtruck Friday at Idlewild Park. I feel like an urban-mama and being part of the hustle-bustle of a city when we go do these kinds of things.

Ethan starts kindergarten on Monday...super excited and super sad all at once!! More to come on that!

Happy Friday!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!