Monday, August 18, 2014

Mommy Ramblings: Emotional Non-Eater

It never ceases to amaze me how my body's emotional state effects how I eat. This has been a really stressful summer to be perfectly honest. I have constantly been stressed out. Stressed to the point I never seem to be very hungry. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about? This emotional non-eating is definitely a genetic trait I inherited from my mother. I get stressed, I lose my appetite.

Too often I find my emotions are driving my eating habits. Stress = not eating; happy = cake; PMS = potato chips or chocolate; bored = any snacks I can get my hands on. Know what I mean?? I know there are other people out there who get like this too...

I'm shifting my attitude today. It's Monday so I can change the way I've been allowing myself to deal with stress at work. I've made my lunch and cut up a cup of watermelon for that 2pm snack! Here is to hoping I can refocus my emotional non-eating!!

AND instead of allowing myself to be "bored", today I'm going to try reading and see if that helps the bored snacking in the evening that seems to come with the work stress not eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!