Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My Reading Obsession {Mary Poppins She Wrote}

Ever since I picked up Zeitoun a few months ago I have been a reading fanatic. Two weeks ago Trevor took me to see Saving Mr. Banks, where I learned the film was based on the author of Mary Poppins, P.L Travers' life. I instantly HAD to get my hands on the book...

Mary Poppins She Wrote by Valerie Lawson is my latest read. I have been trying to savor the pages as she disects Mrs. Travers' characters and analyzes each one to fit the characters written in the beloved Mary Poppins books.


While I am well aware that books never exactly translate in to movies I do have to say so far translating a biography onto the silver screen in Saving Mr. Banks has been spot on. I loved the movie...but any movie with Tom Hanks in it is a good one in my book!!


I am not trying to write a review for either the book or the movie, but if you love the story of Mary Poppins I do recommend both!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!