Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Dreadful Hormones

I will be the first person to admit that when I was pregnant with Carter I was an evil witch. I could not get my hormones in check and I would yell and fight and scream at the drop of a hat. I felt like I was better with this pregnancy, things didn't upset me as quick. But man do I cry at EVERYTHING!!!

On Sunday afternoon I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown because the nursery is nowhere near ready for a little bundle of joy to occupy it. I have not opened a single box of baby clothes to wash and hang...I couldn't even tell you if this child has clothes at this point. I have absolutely NO clue where the bottles are...definitely going to need them...but they are MIA. At least we managed to get the carseat in my car, and yes, all 3 fit in the backseat of my Subaru Legacy...please do not ask how because I'm not sure how Trevor managed it, but they are in and everyone will be safe!

I have been trying very hard to hold my emotions in check. I don't know how much longer I will be able to manage, especially when I get asked "How much longer?" or "When are you due?" I am sure these innocent inquirers are not intending to be rude, but all I hear is "OMG you are huge, when is that baby going to pop out of you?" But my favorite thing people have been saying, which again I'm sure is not meant to pull on my irrational heartstrings, is "You look so tired and ready to pop!" Thank you, I am aware that I look like hell warmed over, please do not rub that one in anymore.

I know that sounds ridiculous and I do have a flare for the dramatic but at this stage of the game these dreadful hormones are raging and you never know who will be the victim of making a pregnant woman sob and sob. Just know that if this happens I am sorry in advance, eventually I will pull it together and somewhere in the not so distant future this hormone roller coaster will be over!!

32-36 Weeks:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!