Monday, January 6, 2014

Thankful for Family

The holidays are wrapped up and while we tend to eat like kings on those days, part of our goal this year is to be better about actually eating at home versus buying dinner or microwaving dinner. So on Thursday we had Nonna (mom) over for dinner! We feasted on baked chicken, wild rice, corn and corn bread...pretty fancy dinner for a Thursday night!! One of the best parts of the evening...THE KIDS ATE THEIR FOOD!!!

As I watch my mom with my kids and how much love and fun they have together I am reminded that life is good. We are so blessed to have such amazing family around us.

Later that night, or I should say in the wee hours of the morning of the 3rd, Trevor's mom, dad, sister and her kids arrived for the weekend. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate the time we get with them. It never seems to be long enough! I can't complain too much though, this little munchkin should be making his appearance anytime and they will be back here when that happens!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!