Sunday, February 23, 2014

Celebrating Our Newest Addition


Almost 1 month ago our sweet baby boy, Daxton Samuel was born.

It is so hard for me to believe that this sweet little face is almost a month old. I just love holding this little one so much. The other two littles were not snuggly babies that enjoyed being held, but this little peanut would let someone hold him day and night. I'm trying to cherish each sleepless, crying moment because while we are not 100% sure he is out last, he very well could be.

Ethan and Carter have been so sweet with him for the most part. Ethan is a really good big brother, he always wants to help and take care of his baby brother. Carter...well...he will kiss him and hug him and I think he thinks that when I'm burping him I'm actually hitting him because that seems to be the only time he wants to "help" with the baby. For the most part Carter just ignores him.

Trevor and I have always wanted a big family and this little one definitely has given me the sense that our family is complete. While I always hoped I would have a little girl to dress up and take to ballet, these boys sure melt my heart. Now I don't know if I could handle having a girl!

I love every second of being a mom, but I can honestly say this is the first time I had an instant bond with a baby. I know what that sounds like, and trust me I have loved each of my children instantly but it took me a little bit to adjust to the additions and really feel comfortable in my mommy shoes. This time was so different...maybe because I'm older...I don't know but this little baby and I had an instant connection/bond. And I haven't struggled with the addition and change the way I have in the past.

February 1, 2014, a small little miracle came into this world and made my heart a little bit bigger. I always wanted lots of littles that call me Mama. I waited 9 long months to meet this precious baby and I can honestly say my life will never be the same...I can't imagine my life or our family without him!

Welcome to this crazy, fun family Daxton!!! We love you so much and are so blessed you chose us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!