Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Yes I Work...But My Number 1 Job Is Being Mommy!

This isn't the life that I dreamt for myself. I could never have come up with a scenario as amazing and wonderful as the events that have unfoldded the past five years!!

I was born and raised here in Reno. The summer after I graduated I couldn't have been more excited to venture out into the real world sight unseen...that didn't happen. The semester I graduated from UNR I was about to embark on the greatest journey I've ever taken, and it was the most important decision I ever made.

The first year was hard and scary and wonderful all the same time. I fell in love with being a mommy! I never knew that kind of love and I would have given anything to stay at home and try out being a fulltime mom.

But let's just back up for a second...prior to that first year of motherhood I met a really cute guy who was one day to become my husband. It was no easy task getting that guy to share his last name. But I knew this was the person I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with and I told my cousin and sister that was my life's work.

Mom always said I had a flair for the dramatic.

After we got married and had another sweet little bug I made the decision that I wanted to work outside the home. Some days it seems almost impossible to make our crazy schedules work. But somehow we do, I will never miss out on any of my kids' successes or Trevor's for that matter!

I do struggle at times that being out of the home changes the way my children are being raised, but then I look at how I was raised. I was raised by a very strong working mother that taught me the importance of being able to stand on my own two feet. I don't lose sleep over it anymore, at least I try not to. I won't apologize for the choices I've made, I'm doing exactly what I want to be doing, and even though it wasn't what I expected or even planned for my life it's exactly what I want to be doing.

So maybe I have a job (or two) outside the home, but my life's work is my marriage, my sweet little bugs and my daily attempt to bring a little sanity into this crazy world we live in!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!