Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Preparing To Travel With The Kids

I am not an expert on traveling with small children, but we have become accustomed to long roadtrips with the pipsqueaks. Not to mention the plethora of information and ideas you can find all over Pinterest and Google which do seem to help with ideas to get through any road trip.

For some reason though I always become a nervous wreck about a week before a trip. It's almost a given that at some point along the 450 mile drive to Las Vegas we will have two screaming children. Thankfully we have never had any real problems traveling whether it's driving or flying. I just prefer to have all systems in place so the pipqueaks are comfortable.

The Number 1 Rule of traveling with the Bradshaw Pipsqueaks:

MOVIES!!

We have discovered that this is the best line of defense in keeping them distracted and happy. We always have them pick out enough movies that they don't have to watch the same twice. Of course we have the typical bag of toys (which never seem to be played with), the diaper bag, and our snack bags, but those things just don't seem to distract them long enough to make a long trip seem short.

We are gearing up for our trek to Las Vegas next week for Thanksgiving. We are so excited and cannot wait to see our family! My fingers are crossed that the kids are as well behaved and ethralled in just watching movies as they were in September on our 1200 mile road trip!!

I will keep you all posed on how we do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!