Saturday, October 24, 2015

A Fun Poulakidas Halloween Tradition

We have so many traditions in the Bradshaw Nook.  We have created some really fun things we do from year to year that I look forward to continuing on.  So y'all it's a crying shame that I didn't know about this fun Halloween tradition Trevor's grandpa did with his mom, aunts & uncle when they were growing, and then with Trevor and Tara when they were young!!  My mother-in-law is one of the most talented and creative people I have ever met, so it doesn't surprise me that she carried it forward...ok so what is this fun tradition???

Every year Trevor's grandpa would take a pair of his pants and button down shirt and stuff it full of wadded up newspaper, add some straw coming out here and there and a garbage bag or pumpkin for a head...sit him on a law chair on the front porch and wha la a life-size scarecrow.

I am for sure renewing this long standing Poulakidas tradition next year!!  Thank you Elaine for sharing it with me!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!