Sunday, August 9, 2015

The Night Before First Grade

Twas the night before for first grade and all through the nook...

Mommy and Daddy took Ethan to take a quick look!

We decided to run Ethan up to Westergard to take a peek at where he would be lining up bright and early tomorrow, and to snap a few "first day" pictures.  Of course we will take a few actual first day pictures, but this was so much easier than fighting the crowds of kids and parents hoping to do the same thing!  And I'm not embarrassing Ethan with my paparazzi-like tendencies.



Aside from our little photo session/walk through, we spent the final day of summer break doing exactly what Ethan wanted.  Waffles for breakfast, watched Teen Beach Movie 2, played lots of baseball in the park and had home made riceroni for dinner.  Oh the things that please a six year old boy!!


Daddy did haircuts, we laid out our "first day" outfit and sprinkled our Ready Confetti on the steps of the bunkbed after we read "The Night Before First Grade"...all has been quiet down the hall for going on 3 hours. 

Now we have lunches to pack, treats to finish up and laundry to finish folding.  It's probably a good thing I still have things to check off my list, even though it's getting so late because I am more nervous for tomorrow than Ethan is!!  Why do they have to grow up so fast??

xo





No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!