Monday, August 10, 2015

First Day of First Grade

Well Ethan is all settled in to his new class and I feel like a little piece of my heart was left at the school this morning.

I thought last night he would be nervous and want more than the 20 minutes of snuggles, but he fell fast asleep and woke up wide-eyed and bushy tailed this morning!  He jumped right out of bed when Daddy woke him up and came down the hall.  He was all smiles this morning eating his back-to-school pancakes!

We tried to give him a little first day of school pep talk...you know the standard make sure you use your manners, raise your hand don't just shout out, no talking when you are supposed to be listening! I try to make sure I always tell him how proud I am of him, but when he told me he was going to be sure and make a new friend it melted my heart.


His backpack and school supplies were all packed and ready to go and he made sure a dozen times that we had packed him a healthy lunch.


Before we knew it, it was time to head off to school.  After much begging and pleading he let me snap a few pictures.  Isn't it my right as a parent to snap 5000 pictures??  After going to the school last night he knew just where to go and found all his friends before the bell rang.





The bell rang, he lined right up and greeted Mrs. B with the sweetest smile!  Once we walked in to the classroom he sought out his desk at Table 2, and got a great surprise...his friend Quinn sits right next to him!!  It was almost like he had been in school for 6 months...the child is beyond confident.  Meanwhile I was fighting back tears.




I know he had a great first day and I'm certain he is looking forward to the year ahead.  We are very excited to see what this school year brings!!

xo






No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!