Sunday, August 16, 2015

Shark Bitten Pasta

As all moms of boys are aware there is something about sharks that just catch those littles curiosity.  We missed shark week this summer but that does not stop our fascination.  And since the pipsqueaks found themselves reunited with one of their favorite movies, Shark Boy & Lava Girl I felt it was only appropriate put a little twist on our spaghetti...

...and it was a huge success



I found this idea on one of my favorite mommy blogs, but she made it look so easy food coloring the noodles and cutting jaws into French bread.  Well I am here to tell you it wasn't as easy as it appeared on the computer screen lol!!  We used food coloring and olive oil to tint the noodles ocean blue...I think when I do this again I will put the food coloring into the pasta water and I will use a crustier bread like ciabatta.


But you know what it was the most fun we've had during dinner in a long time!  Ethan asked me what tomorrow's theme was going to be...um...sorry buddy Mommy only has these creative dinner moments once in a blue moon!!  

Fins up y'all!! 

xo

P.S.  I totally slacked on blogs this weekend because we had a super exciting surprise on Friday by Trevor's parents coming for a quick weekend visit!!  Next time though I won't slack...I am really enjoying journaling each day and looking back at the fun we have been having!!  Good night and sweet dreams - xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!