Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Mommy Ramblings: Get What You Put in to Love


Over the last six years Trevor and I have been to s several weddings for our friends and family. Each time we attend a wedding I find us returning to that cozy honeymoon phase that so many people forget they can go back to. Lately we have been missing our weekly date night because things with the kids and schedules have been so crazy, but each week when we take the time to reconnect I find us getting back to that butterfly, new love feeling even if we've been fighting over stupid things like dishes in the sink or laundry on the bathroom floor.

Marriage can be an intense commitment that from the outside looking in can appear to be easy. The energy and nerves of steel that go into making a marriage successful run rampant at times. The decision making process as a couple and parents seem to be a constant give and take for us. It seems for us, it's an opportunity to show case our true feelings on certain issues with the kids and high stress issues like money.

I remember my wedding like it was yesterday. Trevor and I laid it all out on the line and have been giving it our all from day one. I have to admit that at times we feel like we have nothing left to give. Nobody is perfect, right?! But everyday we make an effort to work on creating a harmonious relationship with one another and the kids. I believe in life you get what you put in, and it's no different in marriage and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!