Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Mommy Ramblings: Perseverance

I hope you are all ready for a plethora of blogs coming your way! I have really missed blogging and sharing with you all what the Bradshaws have been up to! I hope this finds everyone well!

We spent the majority of last week in Las Vegas visiting family. Normally I anticipate packing on a few pounds while we are on vacation, but I think from all the sweating we did last week in the 115 degree weather made me lose some weight. Heaven knows I didn't eat super healthy while we were there, even though I did try! That little vacation was just what my heart and sole needed, my head is finally clear after a horrible June! I'm in a good place now and ready to get back to the grind, I started a new work out regimen this morning and yesterday I planned out super healthy meals for the rest of the week!

I have the opportunity to workout with a crossfit trainer for free, but I decided I want to do C25K first...hopefully Chris will still let me train with him after I get my behind in a little better shape!! My plan is to do weight training 3 days a week and run 3 days a week. Once I get the C25K mastered then I'm going to conquer the half marathon training schedule that has lived on my refrigerator for the past oh 4 years!

Yesterday Ethan woke up with his eye swollen shut and all puffy and swollen. Oh yes...PINK EYE! We started drops right away and he is much better today. Staying home with him yesterday allowed me to get the rest of our trip put away, and really get focused on organizing my time while I'm home. It really paid off because I was so productive today at the office.


That photo sums up how I feel like I've been going through my days. I read a quote today that just summed up how I have been feeling. "So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised." (Hebrews 10:35-36) We are not a super religious family but when I happened across this passage it touched me, so I hope it touches and encourages you for the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!