Thursday, May 29, 2014

Mommy Ramblings: A Very Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

Memorial Day Weekend did not start out exactly how I would have liked it. Friday night, I got extremely sick. I think Trevor is starting to just expect these migraines to practically knock me off my feet since I seem to get them one a weekly basis. Out of literally nowhere the room was spinning and I was instantly nauseated. This probably wouldn't have been as bad as it was if Ethan wasn't hosting his first sleepover!! I felt so bad that I didn't get to do ANYTHING with them, thank goodness Trevor was able to entertain them with Monopoly and movies!!

Saturday was much better, thankfully, since we have come to the conclusion that it used to be man-to-man defense with just the two kids, but now that there is three of them it's more like zone defense. I cannot even imagine what it is going to be like when Daxton is mobile and verbal because it's already constant crazy in this house!!

The weekend was spent with lots of friends celebrating the holiday and the start of summer. We enjoyed a BBQ at Eric and Deidre's on Saturday. They have a 2 year old as well which was so fun because Carter actually had someone his own age to play with, but watching Ethan with him was even more fun! They enjoyed each other's company and there wasn't a single fight.

Monday, we enjoyed another BBQ with a big group of friends and their kids. I was surrounded by moms I admire and we were able to spend fun quality time together. I didn't realize the value of deep friendships until the past few years. We were the first to have kids in our group of friends, with the exception of one or two people, so I finally feel like we are all coming on to the same page. In addition, in the past I feel like I was always consumed with Trevor, or just simply overwhelmed and exhausted with my own children to truly make time for a social life. Now more than ever I need and value those friendships as they are so different than the relationship I have with my husband. I honestly had the best time this weekend spending time with those friends and cultivating new relationships. And of course, I enjoyed the time with Trevor and the kids.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!