Thursday, July 5, 2018

Dragon Lights Reno

While we spent our day at work, with a baby-sitter and at school we counted down the minutes until we got to go enjoy the Dragon Lights display at the Wilbur May Arboretum.  Housing all sorts of light displays from animals, to traditional Asian dragons and folklore, the Wilbur May Arboretum is home to one of the most stunning light shows I've seen.  Through a walking trail of lights and displays, Chinese performances and creative activities we explored a whole world.  One thing is for sure, we immensely enjoyed this event!



And would you believe that Sister and I spent memorable days during our childhood summers exploring this very same arboretum and enjoying the Great Basin Adventure Park that no longer exists!  I never imagined that I would be doing this with my very own littles!










And while we are on the subject of Wilbur May, the gorgeous main building - now rotating museum exhibits - houses one of the largest taxidermy collections.  It houses some of Northern Nevada's most unique history.

Just a little slice of Nevada history.  I can never learn enough of our amazing Battle Born State.

This was such a fun evening to lead in to our amazing 4th of July celebrations!!

xoxo - j

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!