Saturday, January 24, 2015

Dinner Party {Chili Night}

Over the years we have been fortunate to stay close with quite a few lovely families, as well as my sister and cousin. In my quest to live more intentional and be a better me I decided that once a month we need to have a dinner party. Just a little something to get us all together, the kids can play and we can have a fun evening.

It only seemed fitting that for January's dinner we do something comforting, like chili! Originally I planned on it being a chili and beer night, but since only my sister and cousin were able to make it and none of us really drink so the latter wasn't really a requirement! Two flavors of chili (beef & bean and chicken & white bean); lots of fun toppings; some delicious cornbread (thank you Lala) and ice cream for dessert (thank you Christina) was our menu.


We had a packed house, full bellies and loads of fun with the original 3! The best part of the whole night...my sister telling Michaela that her and Alan are engaged!!! I'm definitely looking forward to next months dinner night!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!