Monday, January 8, 2018

Silhouettes

I adore silhouettes, especially silhouettes by Clay Rice.  It is amazing what one man can do with a black piece of paper, a pair of scissors and just a few minutes.  I've never had the pleasure of meeting him in person, but his work is amazing.

I had Ethan's silhouette done at age 2, and had intended to have Carter & Daxton's done as well, but just never managed to get my act together.  Now, after being in our new house for a little over a year, I just can't seem to decide if or where I would want them hung.  I have another idea/project up my sleeve for those silhouettes though, don't you worry.

A few years back I stumbled upon Mr. Rice's book "The Lonely Shadow" and have wanted to purchase copies for the boys ever since.  Mission accomplished...today!  I love the low country feel of the book - the moss on the tress, even the wildlife the shadow meets.


This will be a perfect little Valentine's gift for those sweet boys of mine!

xoxo - j

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!