Wednesday, January 3, 2018

New Year's Feast

Tradition would state that on holidays we eat like kings, however, the traditional New Year's "feast" I prepare every year is meager in comparison.

A simple table setting of beautiful white and pink tulips in mason jars and my Nonna's water goblets were the perfect casual contrast to the very formal tablescapes of normal holidays.


I had tons of leftover spinach and onion dip from our super fun NYE game night.  The chippers and dippers were served in brown paper bags from the breakfast counter.

Our eats included Bourbon and Brown Sugar Pork Tenderloin; Collard Greens (for wealth); Hoppin' John (for luck); Sweet Cornbread Waffles; and Cream Puffs for dessert.


As I sat down with my sweet family of 5 I was once again reminded again just how good life is.  Something that I need to remind myself of throughout the day, especially when I get overly stressed or tired and have 3 little boys running the halls...

xoxo - j

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!