Saturday, January 6, 2018

Little Pleasures

I'm a summer lovin', surf and sun kind of girl.  Trees without leaves, cold windy days and snow are just not my cup of tea.  That being said I have managed to spend my winter nights thoroughly enjoying two little pleasures.

1.  Microwavable Heating Bag - this little heating pad is full of oatmeal.  I pop it in the microwave for two minutes then drape it around my neck while I watch TV or read.  It makes the coldest nights a little bit warmer...function over form people!!


2.  Swiss Miss Hot Coco Mix - We seem to be boiling water by the pot, not the cup, these days.  We like our coco HOOOOOTTTT here in The Nook.  We got so lucky that our close friends dropped off a pack of coco mix for us just before Christmas with every flavor imaginable!  The French Vanilla was the first to go!


Back during my first pregnancy, when I just knew I was having a girl, I pictured sweet little morning tea parties with frilly table clothes and fancy napkins and lots of dolly friends.  Well three boys later, I count my blessings that I get a "tea" party at all.  I might have to share my Swiss Miss and coco mugs with Flash, Batman/Superman and Hulk and discuss varying ways to defend against even the worst of villains, but I wouldn't change a single thing!


xoxo - j

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!