Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Embarrassing Mom Moment


Here I am, mother of three, thinking I've got this mother thing down. I made a lot of mistakes with the first one, made new mistakes with the second, so I thought by the third I would at least make FEWER mistakes. Ha! The list of mistakes is growing!!

Let's start with not having diapers in the diaper bag! Um...what?! How does that happen?? The excuses I could make for how I walked out of the house without size 1 diapers in my bag could go on forever, but I will own it. I had to have my co-workers who were going out for lunch stop and grab me a bag of diapers...I think I still owe one of them money!

Then, let us fast forward a week. I'm sitting in my aunt's office talking to her about random stuff when I go to take off my jacket, to my horror I have leaked everywhere! What the H?! Oh yes I forgot those stupid little nursing pad thingies, I NEVER forget them!!! I rush to the bathroom cut a maxi pad in half and wash my shirt, which then I used my space heater as a dryer. Moving on with our day, Daxton starts screaming his head off...of course he's hungry. Pull out the bottle and formula...OH MY GOSH...how do I have NO formula?!!! Ok, that was a bit of an exaggeration, I had enough for one bottle. At this point I'm thinking "can I please start today over?" when I get a text from my sweet husband. I tell him how horrible my day has been and how horrible of a mother I must be. As any good husband would he came to our rescue!

So far this week I have managed to have formula, bottles, and diapers all in the bag. I even managed to have an extra outfit yesterday when Daxton needed it. I surely cannot be the only mother with more than one child who has committed such idiotic mistakes?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!