Saturday, March 1, 2014

Going Back To Work Is Not Blissdom

I decided to go back to work part time 2 weeks after Daxton was born. I figured this is my third kid, I didn't need 4-6 weeks off, plus I really like having the structure of a routine and adult conversation. Daxton is fun to talk to, but it's just not the same as having a REAL conversation with like-minded adults!

I have only been getting 4 ish hours of sleep a night so by Wednesday I was dragging. I was inevitably having thoughts of "what am I doing here?" "Why did I chose to go back so soon?" I would rather sleep on the couch than walk into the office and sit at my desk.

Instead of just calling in and telling them I wasn't ready, I got myself up and slipped on some heels. The first few days back I couldn't focus, I was having a hard time following what was going on in all my cases. But I forced myself, and so far I feel like it's been so beneficial.

While being at work with a newborn might not be the most ideal work environment, we are establishing a routine and I'm getting back into the swing of things. It might not be blissdom, but it certainly has given me some structure and sanity in what has become a crazy existence!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!