Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Daycare Keeps Me Pretty

Daycare parents know your name. They wave at you when your car pulls up. They know your kids names and your kids know their names. They know you're Trevor's wife and what you do for your career. No disguises work with daycare parents. I've worn scarves, sunglasses, even gone in my husband's car. They always greet you by name and with a big friendly smile.

It seems like this would be considered excellent parental camaraderie. In some ways it is, but most of the time I wish we could all just go on about our day.

The kids' school is just down the street from our house, so we all live in close proximity to not only the school, but other necessary venues, like Kohl's and Raley's. Not to mention we all go to the birthday parties. This is how we get to know each other so well.

So here is the dilemma...

It is sometimes a big pain in the rear to make sure my hair is done and my skin isn't going to scare anyone. Some of these moms really pull themselves together for their work days, so I can't bear for them to see me looking like a disaster (although sometimes I do). With three kids the day just starts rolling like a steam engine and pretty soon you're running out the door with your slippers on!

I always do want to look pretty for my husband, and I make an honest effort to, however, it seems as though it is the daycare parents that really keep me accountable. If they are the only reason I throw on some make-up everyday then so be it. Beauty is pain. And I want to be one of those "cute" moms!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!