Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Virginia City

Last weekend we took the pipsqueaks for a step back in to the old west, Virginia City.  The 19th century mining town was once the largest city in Nevada, hitting it's peak of 25,000 residents, including the infamous Mark Twain!


The historic town is resplendent with old mines, haunted buildings and home of the V&T railroad.  This quaint little spot is only 45 minutes away from Reno.  I would say it is a very popular tourist destination, especially during the summer.




We strolled the wooden sidewalks taking in all the history and discussing which buildings could possibly be haunted.  We found ourselves waiting to board the V&T Railroad for a quick ride over to Gold Hill.









Since I was a child I have been intrigued by history, especially Nevada history.  I find myself drawn to these little ghost towns where my mind wanders to the people who used to live here.  What was it like for them, what drew them here?!  Hence why this Saturday outing was much anticipated and enjoyed



After our train ride, we explored the antique shops, ate lunch at a cute little ice cream parlor and ended our day with loads of candy from the Barrel 'O Candy store!  Just one of many great adventures for our 2017 summer!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!