Sunday, February 5, 2017

Oh Phil

I just could not bring myself to hop out of bed per the norm to whip up a fun Groundhog's Day breakfast.  So we waited until bedtime to really get into Groundhog's Day spirit.

Now, Carter may have been more excited to read a super cute, festive book than Ethan, but they were all thrilled nonetheless.  "The Grumpy Groundhog" is such a fun book to read with the kids year after year.


Books and festivities aside, in this house we subscribe to the psychic prophesies of none other than Puxsutawney Phil, who has a number of accolades and a number of other various distinctions...even if he is only right 39% of the time.  Since we waited to the end of the day I asked the kids if they talked about the groundhog's prediction as to our weather fate for this year.  We were so sad to learn that Phil had seen his shadow and we were in for SIX more weeks of winter.






Oh Phil!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!