Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Breakfast Cookies

Last night after my basketball games I whipped up a batch of what I'm jokingly calling Breakfast Cookies.  The recipe is actually called Chocolate Cherry Heart Smart Cookies...but they are healthy and have oatmeal so I call them delicious breakfast cookies!!

Here is the recipe we used (Source:  dixiedelightsonline.com):

Chocolate Cherry Heart Smart Cookies
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1.5 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
6 T unsalted butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup dried cherries
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2/3 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Combine all ingredients through salt in large bowl and stir
3. Melt butter in microwave, add brown sugar and stir until smooth
4. Add sugar mixture to flour mixture and beat until well blended
5. Add cherries, vanilla and egg; beat until combined
6. Fold in chocolate
7. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2″ apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray
8. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes and cool until almost firm.  Move to wire rack to finish cooling
These were literally the easiest cookies to throw together consider I didn't get home until 9:30 and they were done by 10 p.m.  And I think we can all agree that the cherry/dark chocolate combo is to die for!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!