Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Practice Makes Perfect

Tonight kicked off our first 2015-2016 practice (non-mandatory of course)!! There was an amazing turnout...only 5 girls missing out of 33!!! I hope they will keep up the momentum!!

We started our practice with some fun introductions. Each of the girls had to tell everyone their first and middle names; their favorite color; how many siblings they have; something that makes them unique (we need to work on this one); and why they love cheer. Little do they know that I will remember their full names from here on out and may or may not call them by it!!

Next I conditioned their little hearts out! Who knew running 2 laps, kicks and jumps would be so hard!! It was really hot out at the beginning of practice, but we all came to a consensus that we need to drink water throughout the day!! Hopefully the warm-up will take less of a toll on them tomorrow

Hot and tired I put them into informal stunt groups and we went through basic fundamentals of stunting. Brittannee and I were extremely impressed with how well everyone worked together!! We hit a few extensions tonight which is a big high five in my opinion. Also, I'd like to shout out to my 3 JV girls who have never cheered and mastered a prep bump down in 30 minutes of stunting...next is cradling my friends!!!


It was an awesome start to our season!! I'm so excited I cannot even begin to tell you! Keep up the hard work and the positive attitudes, I truly enjoyed coaching y'all tonight!! Let's make it the best season yet!!

xoxo


P.S. Yes, I'm coaching again at Reed...no I'm not crazy...just love my sport and missed my girls!!!

P.P.S Coach MJ we missed you and cannot wait for you to be back!!

1 comment:

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!