Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day

"The Day I became a mother, my life changed. It is through that journey that I began to discover myself." - - BROOKE BURKE

I love that there is a national holiday to celebrate who else but MOMS! I think the best part of the whole day is to celebrate all we do...because everyone knows we are not appreciated the other 364 days in the year. Just Kidding!

I know this is about 4 days late, but I just have to say after celebrating my second Mother's Day this is one of my favorite days of the year. Being a mother is one of the most rewarding things I know. I know the commitment, the unconditional love we give and the million and half other things we do may go unrecognized, but our children are better for it! I hope when the efforts I make are recognized that I am humble and gracious towards my family, I love them SOOO much!

What a perfect time to say "thank you" to all of the moms out there who have helped and guided me. I have honestly learned more from other moms than any of those "How To" books. Whatever I'm going through it is comforting to know that one of you is either going through the same thing or has already been there. I have used so much of your advice, and I'm happy to say that it has worked!


Most importantly I need to thank my own mom. I have learned so much from her, the most important of which is unconditional love. She is my support and the one I count on in so many ways! When I had Ethan, I hoped to have the same kind of loving relationship with him. Children learn so much by example. I am so lucky to have been raised by such an amazing woman, who gave me the foundation to discovery my mothering instincts. We all know I didn't think I had them!!


I am so lucky to have a beautiful, healthy child. Being a mom is my greatest accomplishment ever! I hope everyone enjoyed their Mother's Day because you deserved it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!