Thursday, May 13, 2010

Home Is My Haven

I am sitting here at work wishing I were at home! I love having a job, it makes me feel independent but at the same time when I'm here I miss Ethan and Trevor. I look forward to every minute I get to spend with them, even though most of the time I'm greatful when the morning commute is over and I can just sit at my desk. Weird how that works!

My home is where love lives. It's the place where I can wear sweat pants and a pony tail, not put any make up on and everyone there still thinks I'm cute. It's where I can sneak in to Ethan's room late at night and scoop him and just hold him.

My home is the place where I can sing into my hairbrush and dance as crazy and silly as I want. It's the place where Trevor and I get to just sit and connect with each other over and over. The smallest things happen there, but that is how love grows.

Home is my haven. It is where I get to become a master chef, a seamstress and an interior designer. I have created the home I have always dreamed of. Not because it's the biggest or cleanest or picture-perfect, but because I have the most amazing man and the most precious son. I love having a life outside the home, but my life inside of it is what defines me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!