Wednesday, March 7, 2018

{Mommy Rambling} Whew!

What a busy time!  I, along with some co-workers, went to Bishop, California last week for the annual Family Law Conference.  It was an ambitious trip during the biggest winter storm we've had all season!  But it felt so good to be a part of such an amazing learning opportunity.

Ethan and Carter both start baseball practice this week.  Though it seems to be a crap shoot as to whether or not that will actually happen due to the weather.  I suppose we just have to go with the flow!  Poor boys, they are so looking forward to being back out on the field doing what they love!

I'm a bit stressed out because it seems like I have a lot to accomplish this week.  I will be starting at a new firm in a few weeks.  I am so excited, but first I need to wrap up a huge case that goes to trial next week.  Why does it seem like 4:30 a.m. creeps up all too fast these days?!  And then the chaos ensues of getting the pipsqueaks out of the door by 8!  Definitely not our most glamorous time of the day, I'm sure it's not much different than most mornings for anyone with kiddos.

Heading to SKS for the next 10 days (the last 10 days in 16 years) is bitter sweet.  I start at Berkich Law Practice on the 19th!  There is still a lot to accomplish and wrap up with Tamatha first, though. 

On top of that, we are starting to put together our 2018-2019 cheer season!  Jes and I will be meeting with the athletic director next week.  This is a program that is very dear to my heart.  I am excited and also nervous to kick off another great season at BMCHS.  I feel like I've learned so much in the past 2 seasons, but I can't wait to take the program to the next level.

I kicked off Arbonne's 30 Days to Healthy Living on Monday.  I've completely committed myself to embracing this challenge and making an effort to be healthier.  I'm always curious what workout programs and healthy lifestyle things work for others.

I've been talking to my mom a lot lately (she's brilliant) about life and balance.  Everyone always compliments her legal accomplishments, but the other day she told me it was too bad she didn't enjoy it more.  I thought how sad that was.  But then I think about how overwhelmed I get at times with my life and career, even though I absolutely love what I do.  Don't get me wrong, I need to check out sometimes and would love to runaway to Italy or sit on the beach with a few good books, but I know that's not in my cards.  I actually passionately love my life.  Thank goodness because it is what drives me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!