Sunday, March 11, 2018

{Mommy Rambling} The Right Tools

We just wrapped up another Sunday dinner, which is always the hardest and BEST meal of the week for me.  Our schedule has been so insane lately so I'm forcing myself to carve out an hour everyday for us to sit down to reconnect.  I've been planning super healthy meals lately, lots of colorful, fresh foods and lean proteins.  I am feeling great and nobody else is complaining!

Today was such an incredible day for us.  I had the boys all to myself all day (as I do every Sunday), but there was not a single fight or argument.  I enjoyed just getting to be a mom and not having to yell all day.  It's funny how different it all feels when things play out the way you think they should in your head!!

We had a lazy, but productive morning tidying up the house, doing some chores and making some decisions about things we want to accomplish this week.  It was actually a super fun morning.

Today was the first in so many that as much as I love my family I DID NOT want to get in my car and drive east and not look back.  Anyone who doesn't long for their childless days or some other sort of escape from it all is lying.  I am sure there are people out there who would never admit it and probably judge me for being honest.

It was so fun to spend a nice, non-confrontational day with my boys.  It was even nice to be back at the baseball fields enjoying the sun and watching Carter meet his team for the first time.  There are so many days I feel insecure in my parenting and need validations.  But today I felt like for the first time in a long time I had it figured out.  It's all about having the right tools and borrowing the ones we don't.

xoxo - jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!