Sunday, March 18, 2018

May Museum

After a crazy busy week full of illness and a winter storm we traded our snow boots for our superhero capes at the May Museum's Hall of Heroes exhibit.  Located at Rancho San Rafael Park and originally housed the vast taxidermy collection of Wilbur May and loads of unique history for our biggest little city.  The traveling exhibit through April is the Hall of Heroes...how could we resist?!

 We were greeted by Batman himself as we walked in to the museum. Dax couldn't even contain himself and broke Rule #1:  no yelling!  Hulk watched over the first room containing Super Hero jump, strength and agility tests, along with loads of Batman memorabilia.





We couldn't pass up the chance to try our hand at our Super Hero abilities.  I'm very happy to report that I have 3 Superheros in training!




Finally, we found Iron Man and took the Speed Test.  The pipsqueaks ran out the last of their steam and we enjoyed the 1960s Batman television show on a big screen TV next to the gift shop.  Sitting there I couldn't help but think how many rainy days and summer shenanigans took place at this park but how it was staple to come to the May Museum every summer when my cousins visited from Utah.  Watching my own sweet boys enjoy this place that holds so many memories for me filled my heart, I also couldn't help wondering about all the other moms with their kids excited to being immersed in Super Heroes galore.







As our day faded and our get-up-and-go waned, we made it home just in time to build a giant bed and do our quiet resting time out in the front room watching Captain Underpants and do some chores.  And that my friends is what did the pipsqueaks in.  They were out pretty much right after dinner...well except Dax!

xoxo - j

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!