Saturday, August 13, 2011

Ethan's Room Decor, Button Hair Ties and Weekend Update

Happy Saturday!! I am so excited about the start of our bedroom makeovers! Trevor had the perfect posters for Ethan's sports room







Is everyone as excited as I am?! I haven't found frames for them yet, or decided exactly where they will live on the walls in his room, but I think they go perfect!

Wasn't it just yesterday Ethan was in a crib? Yes! Oh good, I thought so!! Well...he's about to be 3 so I guess it was time to graduate from a toddler bed to a real big boy twin size bed! We found a great bed today at RC Willey, we'll be picking it up on Monday and I can't wait!! I can't find a picture of the bed on their website so unfortunately everyone will have to wait until Monday!

The room is pretty tiny and we have some pretty big furniture so I do know the new dresser will be living in the closet! I will make sure to post progress pictures as well as before and after photos!

In my last post I said that I was bitten by the sewing bug...I need to amend that to be bitten by the crafting bug! I saw really cute button embellished hair ties, so I decided to make my own.





I just took small hair ties and slip knotted them through the button holes. The one pictured is a big red button. I also made a giant orange ball looking one and a small white pearly one. I guess I should have taken pictures of them, lol!!

Tomorrow we are going to be busy so I better be off to bed!! Good night and until tomorrow!












1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the bed and the room makeovers...once you finish...do you want to come to PA for a week and help me with mine :) Can't wait to Skype on Monday! FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!