Saturday, November 29, 2014

The Kid Tree

Around here we certainly love decorating, Christmas music, baking, gift giving/receiving and all the other fun things that make this season merry and bright. I lost my grove this year with all my typical party throwing, baking, decorating and I finally feel like since Halloween this mama has got her groove back. Today we started a new Bradshaw Nook tradition...the Kid Tree!!!


The Kids Tree is just for them, they put the lights on and all the ornaments. It's theirs to make it look like they want! I wanted to have something special for them to get to do each year before we pull out all the decorations and really deck the halls. Some people have already had their scout elves make their arrivals but I've really been trying to build up Olaf's return so our tradition will always be December 1st! In the mean time we need to build up the Bradshaw Christmas spirit!!


Today marks the beginning of the Christmas season in the Nook. Each day/night from here until December 25th we will be embarking on lots of fun holiday activities. Some nights we will get all snuggled up in our warm winter jammies and read stories; while others we will be venturing out to embrace the Christmas cheer in our fun little town. Trevor and I have been talking and in addition to the typical holiday festivities we want to really start teaching the littles the true meaning of the season. While I have so many fun things that Olaf will be bringing to the pipsqueaks throughout the month it will be more than just treats and games, so be sure to check back in with us from time to time to keep up with all our ramblings!

I am so excited and looking forward to all the fun!! Time with my husband and pipsqueaks is for sure the best part of my day!!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silly Bio

My photo
I am a full time mom and wife, who also happens to have a full time job outside of the home. I love coming up with creative family time and date night ideas, i love baking, shopping, crafting and transforming our house into our own special nook. I have 3 amazing boys and a wonderful husband who completely balances me out and puts up with all my crazy ideas!